This article lists applications built for and with Nix; it constitutes a listing of what may be called the *extended Nix Ecosystem*.
Various applications built on top of Nix:
- fractalide - Reusable Reproducible Polyglot Microservices
- musnix - real-time audio modules for NixOS
- nix-bundle - package Nix attributes into single-file executables.
- nix-darwin - NixOS modules for Darwin
- nix-user-chroot - install Nix as an unpriviliged user on any system
- not-os - build a system firmware for embedded devices
- styx - Static site generator in Nix expression language
- nixos-shell - like nix-shell, but for NixOS modules. Buildable version can be found in this fork
Various tools built for working with the Nix Ecosystem:
- niff - Compare two Nix expressions to determine what attributes changes
- nix-index - Quickly locate nix packages with specific files
- nix-home-manager - Basic system for managing a user environment using Nix
- nix-venient - A collection of convenient commands for working with nix/nixpkgs
- nix-bash-completions - Bash completion for
Operations tools for the Nix Ecosystem:
- Hydra - Nix's official continuous integration and build system.
- Disnix - a microservice architecture built with Nix.
- Hail — a service for pull-based continuous deployment.
- Language-specific package helpers
- Get inspiration from other peoples NixOS configuration
- NixOS Packages Search for searching through NixOS packages