This article lists applications built for and with Nix; it constitutes a listing of what may be called the *extended Nix Ecosystem*.
Various applications built on top of Nix:
- fractalide - Reusable Reproducible Polyglot Microservices
- musnix - real-time audio modules for NixOS
- nix-bundle - package Nix attributes into single-file executables.
- nix-darwin - NixOS modules for Darwin
- nix-user-chroot - install Nix as an unpriviliged user on any system
- not-os - build a system firmware for embedded devices
- styx - Static site generator in Nix expression language
- nixos-shell - like nix-shell, but for NixOS modules. Buildable version can be found in this fork
- nixcloud-webservices - nixpkgs extension for web-related technologies
Various tools built for working with the Nix Ecosystem:
- nox - Tools to make Nix easier to use
- nix-review - Review nixpkgs pull requests (the fast edition)
- niff - Compare two Nix expressions to determine what attributes changes
- nix-index - Quickly locate nix packages with specific files
- nix-delegate - Convenient utility for distributed Nix builds
- nix-du - Find which gc-roots take disk space in a nix store
- nix-info - Homebrew info querying for Nix
- nix-upgrade-scripts - Tools for Nixpkgs maintainers to upgrade packages
- nixops-manager - NixOps wrapper for Git repositories
- narfuse - FUSE filesystem for mounting Nix archive (NAR) files as a virtual Nix store
- nix-visualize - Visualize the dependencies of a given package
- home-manager - System for managing a user environment using Nix
- nix-home - Utilities for working with user configurations in Nix
- nixGl - A wrapper to run OpenGL applications outside of NixOS
- nix-venient - A collection of convenient commands for working with nix/nixpkgs
- nix-bash-completions - Bash completion for
- userscan - Scans directories containing manually compiled programs and registers them with the Nix garbage collector
Operations tools for the Nix Ecosystem:
- Hydra - Nix's official continuous integration and build system.
- nix-kubernetes - Kubernetes deployment manager written in nix
- Disnix - a microservice architecture built with Nix.
- Hail - a service for pull-based continuous deployment.
- Language-specific package helpers
- Alternative Package Sets
- Get inspiration from other peoples NixOS configuration
- NixOS Packages Search for searching through NixOS packages