What Data is Collected?
- Log data
- When interacting with nixos.wiki, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website. This log data includes (but is not limited to) your Internet Protocol address, the URL you accessed, browser type, the date and time of your request, how you used nixos.wiki, and cookie data.
- This data is stored for up to 7 days and used to secure the wiki from malicious entities like spam bots and DOS attackers (e.g. by blocking IP addresses that create an unreasonable amount of requests).
- Cookie data
- Those cookies correspond to those used by a usual MediaWiki installation. We do not employ cookies for any kind of additional user tracking and/or advertisement.
- Wiki data
- Due to the nature of a wiki and especially the MediaWiki software other data has to be saved and processed. This includes (but is not limited to) your wiki username, real name (if provided), language settings, grammatical gender (if configured), email address (if provided), a protocol of all wiki edits, time and date of the edit and account associated with the edit.
Want to Remove Your Personal Data?
In the case you want your personal data removed from nixos.wiki please contact fadenb+nixoswikiprivacyutzutzutz.net by email. Please make sure to include ...
- ... what personal information you wish to be removed
- Please be specific to avoid unnecessary inquiries
- ... some way to allow us to verify the claim that it is your personal data you want removed
In case you have any questions feel free to ask in #nixos-wiki on freenode or send an email to fadenb+nixoswikiprivacyutzutzutz.net.